Camping at Chickahominy Riverfront Park
- Reservations can be made up to 12 months in advance and must be paid at the time of reservation
- Within a 120 day period, camping is permitted up to a maximum 90 days
- Camping fees include pool and boat ramp use for registered guests only
- Reservations may be canceled with a minimum notice of 48 hours before 1 p.m. check-in time. Approved cancellations will be given either a full refund minus a 10% processing fee, or full payment credit that can be used for a future camping reservation for up to 1 year after the original reservation date.
- Early departure must follow the cancellation.
- Payment credits are valid for one year from the date issued. Payment credits will not be refunded.
|Site Designation||Type||Unit Allowed||Notes|
|Circles||Basic||Tents Only||No Towable Trailers|
|Squares||Electric Only||Tents/Pop-Ups||20 AMP Outlet|
|Stars||Water/Electric||Tents/Pop-Ups/RV's||20, 30 AMP Outlet*|
|300 Stars||Water/Electric Prime||Tents/Pop-Ups||20, 30, 50 AMP Outlet|
|Triangles||Full Hook-Up||Tents/Pop-Ups/RV's||20, 30, 50 AMP Outlet|
Rules & Guidelines
- Check in is 1 p.m. or later and check out is 11 a.m. or earlier
- Quiet time is 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Unregistered guests must leave the camping area by 10 p.m.
- The registered camper is responsible for the behavior of all visitors on their site
- Public display of alcohol is prohibited
- Camping rates are per site per night and are for up to 6 people with a maximum of 4 adults
- Using unregistered sites for parking, camping or expansion of your registered site is not allowed and may incur additional rental fees
- Utility trailers cannot be used for sleeping accommodations
- No one 18 years or younger will be permitted to reserve, pay for or occupy a campsite
- The person who is registered must occupy the campsite
- All trash must be disposed of in a dumpster; on site trash pickup is not provided
- Dumping raw sewage or gray water is prohibited
- Cutting, damaging or removing trees and/or vegetation is prohibited
- Open fires are permitted in designated areas, and must be completely extinguished before leaving the immediate area and must be tended to at all times
- Only the registered guests can make a campfire on their campsite
- Campfire rings are available on some campsites and should not be moved between sites
- Camping is permitted only on designated campsites; RV dry camping is not allowed
- No more than 2 vehicles per campsite; some sites can only accommodate one vehicle
- Additional vehicles must be parked in the open area near Bath House #1; additional vehicles cannot block roadways or impede the flow of traffic
- No more than 2 camping units per site are allowed; acceptable combinations include 2 tents; 1 tent and 1 trailer; 1 tent and 1 pop-up; not all sites can accommodate 2 units
- Golf cart operators must possess a valid driver’s license
- All-terrain vehicles and dirt bikes are prohibited in the park
- The basic/primitive area is for tents only, towable trailers are not allowed on site
- No user shall infringe or interfere upon another’s right of use or enjoyment of the park