Crime Information

More Information

If you were the victim of a crime and wish to obtain a copy of the police report, please contact the Records Department at 757-253-1800. If you are the victim of a crime and need to make a report to the police, please call 757-566-0112.

For information about crime statistics or general questions about crime in the County, please contact the Police Department at 757-253-1800.

For media inquiries, please contact APC Monique Myers at 757-603-6054 or Tayleb Brooks at 757-592-5618. 

Freedom of Information (FOIA) requests for police records should be submitted online through the FOIA Portal.  

If you have questions about crime in your neighborhood or for information about starting or becoming involved in Neighborhood Watch, please contact Community Engagement Coordinator Alan McDowell at 757-603-6026. 


Submit a Tip

If you have any information about criminal activity or the location of someone with an outstanding warrant, please call James City County Police Department at 757-566-0112 or the crime line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP. You may also submit tips at Callers to the crime line and P3 Tips users may remain anonymous, do not have to testify in court and may be eligible for a reward up to $1,000 if the information provided leads to an arrest.

If you are reporting a crime in progress, please call 911 or 757-566-0112.